frenchtown fiber

Chris Mundy and Kate House try to make art while navigating the crap life throws at them.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Transitional Movement

I got involved in a discussion on Katinka Pinka's blog about the transitional movement. She is linking here, so I thought I would provide some info. Here is a good link that describes everything pretty well.

http://www.transitiontowns.org/

I find the whole thing to be exciting and scary... and inevitable. I hope I am up to the challenge! I think we should all start developing some valuable skills so we can trade for the things we need!

Check it out. From the site:

  • we used immense amounts of creativity, ingenuity and adaptability on the way up the energy upslope, and that there's no reason for us not to do the same on the downslope

  • if we collectively plan and act early enough there's every likelihood that we can create a way of living that's significantly more connected, more vibrant and more in touch with our environment than the oil-addicted treadmill that we find ourselves on today.

No comments: