frenchtown fiber

Chris Mundy and Kate House try to make art while navigating the crap life throws at them.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Today is Joe's Birthday

Today my husband turns 53. I bought him a 20 year old bottle of port, and I had a picture of myself enlarged for him. I know that sounds vain, but he had been bugging me for that for ages. It was a picture he took of me on our trip to Nova Scotia in 2007, and for some reason he really loves it..

I also did that on-line picture-book of our most recent trip, but I ordered it late and it is not here yet. I'm anxious to see how it comes out. If I like it, I think I will do a book of my quilts. It will be my own personal monograph!

But back to Joe, I discovered that he shares a birthday with the Sufi poet and mystic Rumi. I found this out on the Floating Ink blog. Check out this post to read a very beautiful poem, which I will now have to share with Joe.

2 comments:

Marty Mason said...

Happy Birthday to Joe....belated. I hope you gave him the day off working on your studio. Your space is looking good.

Jeana Marie said...

happy birthday to Joe! i hope you both had a very lovely day!