frenchtown fiber

Chris Mundy and Kate House try to make art while navigating the crap life throws at them.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Good Deed Nearly Done

I had a pretty good weekend where getting things done are concerned. The Good deed Quilt is totally quilted and the binding strips are on. I just need to hand-sew them to the back. I'm generally pleased at how it came out and VERY pleased to be nearly finished.

When I was finished machine sewing the quilt, I decided that enough was enough and I had to get control of my underground lair. I am a terrible slob and it was becoming difficult to work. So I put everything away, and straightened up my stash. As I did that, I got a flash in the brain and long story short, I now have a new top to quilt.

I'm making steady progress on the Great Depression quilt. I worked on that while watching Turner Classic Movies last night. I saw Wuthering Heights and another movie called Devotion. I've always had a little trouble with Wuthering Heights, the story is just so miserable. I also don't much care for the 1940s Hollywood treatment of these period films, but I did watch it. Devotion was actually about lives of the Bronte sisters. I think some of it was fabricated, but, good outfits, anyway. Ida Lupino was really beautiful in that film.

I also did a lot of work on the vacation photograph book. I just want to proof it again and I can place the order. I've never done one of these and I'm afraid of missing some stupid mistake. I want to give this to Joe for his birthday, which is September 30.

I've got Art Club on Tuesday, and I am getting all of my stuff together for that. I think I mentioned that we are making magic potion bottles. I have been scrubbing the labels from wine bottles. I remember, back in the day, I used to leave a wine bottle soaking over night and in the morning the label would have floated to the top, completely in one piece. Then you could decoupage it or collage it, or whatever. Not so any more. Some of these bottle have such tenacious glue that nothing but Goof-Off will get rid of it. I still have 4 more bottles.

No comments: