frenchtown fiber

Chris Mundy and Kate House try to make art while navigating the crap life throws at them.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Deceased Infants Cost $$$

I had a very nice e-mail from Lisa Marine, who is the image reproduction and licensing manager for the Wisconsin Historical Society. First of all, she complemented my work. (I had sent her a .jpg so she could see what I was taking about.) Then she informed me that it would cost $50 to put that 1.5"x1.5" baby on my quilt. It was a little jarring at first, but let's face it, I probably spent that on all of the other fabric and embellishment on the quilt, plus, it helps support the historical society. I will send a check in a week or so, and add the cost to what I might have charged for the quilt when I sell it. Overall it has been very informative to go through this process.

6 comments:

gunnelsvensson said...

Congrats for your sales! I try another day to give you a comment, but the blogger don´t let me ;-)
Sorry to hear you don´t is so pleased with you job, you have to think out great projects you can create when the job is ower !
Have a nice wekeend

Gunnel

Chris said...

For whatever reason people have trouble leaving comments on this blog. Sorry everyone!
Yes, my job, it pays the bills. But you are so right, Gunnel, the after work activities are what make me happy!

ACey said...

This copyright process and yielded some interesting info. not saying more in case the comment winds up in limbo land ...

Chris said...

What?

Quiltplay said...

I have had trouble commenting before as well. YOur quilt is very interesting and the baby is haunting. I hope you include all the history when you sell the quilt.

Chris said...

Haunting is a very good descriptive word for that baby, and all post mortem photography. I spell "mortem" wrong every time. I have to figure out how o really spell it.