frenchtown fiber

Chris Mundy and Kate House try to make art while navigating the crap life throws at them.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sick Again

I have been so sick. It's discouraging, because usually I don't get very ill, but this is the second bad cold in 2 months. I've taken a total of 6 sick days this year. I've been at my current place of employment for over 11 years and I have never taken so much time in a year, ever. I wonder if I need a doctors note? I went to the doctor on Friday. The new cold was just beginning, but it came on so suddenly and the coughing was so bad, I thought I must have something more serious. But, no. Just a cold. The doctor did offer to prescribe the cough medicine that actually works. The stuff with codeine. He said I would not be able to go to work while taking it because I would be so drowsy. I refused this medicine. By Sunday I was regretting that decision, and I had them call it in to the pharmacy. My whole body hurt from coughing.

WOW, does it work! I slept for 12 hours straight and never coughed once. My husband has declared it a miracle, because it is so hard to get me to rest. I looked TUSSIONEX SUSP up on the internet. It hits the part of your brain that makes you cough and shuts it down, and it is a decongestant. I said I slept for 12 hours, but that is not exactly right. I woke up a few times during the night with a mouth that was so dry, I could not swallow. But after a sip of water I passed right out again.

On the internet, I ran into a discussion of people who are addicted to this stuff. What? are they addicted to sleeping? I feel like a nap and it's only 9:22 am. Maybe I will post again later.

1 comment:

momtofatdogs said...

Sorry that you're sick. I am not normally ill either (healthwise, personality wise is a different story...) But since moving, I have been sick too. No couching, thank goodness. Just real long spells of not feeeling right.....

Get well soon

Sam in Middle TN