frenchtown fiber

Chris Mundy and Kate House try to make art while navigating the crap life throws at them.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

I've Been Busy



Work is very busy and so is life right now. Kate just had some kind of an activity she needed to be driven to every night this week. I'm getting a bit of a break now. My husband is driving her to social group. Now, instead of driving all the way home to pick her up and driving right back again in the same direction, I can drive to the supermarket to do party shopping and then pick her up from there. (She'll be done around 9 pm) We are having a double party this weekend. Kate's friends from 4-7 and our friends from 7 til ? I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to do it this way. The next day, Sunday, I need to go into the dreaded attic and help Kate find her warm weather clothes. She's going on a cruise with the ARC next weekend. After I drop her off on Saturday we are going away for that weekend. What this means is that there will not be much sewing happening. That bums me out.

But enough about that. Let's look at another interesting artist! Robert Rauschenburg! I know that BED is kind of disturbing. He screwed up that nice quilt! But what about MONOGRAM? I like goats, so I like Monogram. I want to raise dairy goats and make a living by selling my artisanal cheese to fine restaurants. I read a book about it and I realize this is a fantasy.

No comments: