frenchtown fiber

Chris Mundy and Kate House try to make art while navigating the crap life throws at them.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Antiques in Maryland


We found this little Antique shop in frizellburg, MD, and luck would have it that we had a car full of people who were up for some browsing. I found the exact plate that my husband wiped off the wall with his shoulder a while ago. It had been on the wall with two other plates in a doorway from the dining room to the kitchen. The height of it is up to about where my head is, so it never occured to me that it could be a problem. Anyway, I pointed it out to him and he bought it for me.

This place was awash in old textiles, mostly in the way of doll clothes. I bought these little tiny treasures. Of course I never touched a needle all weekend. Someday I will have more time to incorporate all of this stuff into art quilts. Looking forward to that day.


No comments: