frenchtown fiber

Chris Mundy and Kate House try to make art while navigating the crap life throws at them.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Finishing Something


I feel good because I have finished something. Housewife Dreaming of Cocktails is done. I like it a lot but it did come out kind of wavy. I'm not sure why, I haven't had that issue in a long time. So, maybe it is un-sellable. Maybe only it's mother could love it. I am currently seeing if it will dry straight, having soaked it in cold water and now letting it dry flat.

Here you see it tacked to a shed with 4 tacks so the waviness was controlled.

I have been itching to try something experimental. I have an idea for using strips if fabric out of my strip bin.  I also found Luminere paints at my local craft store. I didn't even realize they carried them. I came upon the paints while wandering near the t-shirt decorating section. They were discontinued, so I scooped up a bunch at what I suppose must be a good price, $2.99 ea. I have never painted on fabric before, that could be fun.

No comments: