frenchtown fiber

Chris Mundy and Kate House try to make art while navigating the crap life throws at them.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Accidental discovery: Tord Boontje











Tord Boontje is a Dutch designer. I found this book about him while browsing the library stacks. I think what really attracted me to the book was the layer of gauze that is glued over the cover. Something told me it had to be cool. I'd never heard of him before, but I can see what a huge impact his designs are having on the general look of things in general. There are a lot of items on Etsy that have this look. What I really love are the wine bottles. The link up there is for his web site. Have a peek.

1 comment:

Marty Mason said...

I'm sure you'll do great at teaching this collage art class. It's your dream so enjoy it and the art students will too! Keep us posted.