frenchtown fiber

Chris Mundy and Kate House try to make art while navigating the crap life throws at them.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kate's Project








When I came home from work the other day, Kate was in the studio. She was raiding the scrap bin for scraps with WonderUnder on them. She was making a collage on a little tote bag.

Peter's Valley has put up their course listings for the year. http://www.petersvalley.org/ They always have interesting classes. The two I am most interested in are Mixed Media Textile Surfaces and Deeply Layered Images, which has to do with printing on fabric. The first one is over Memorial Day Weekend, the second is Labor day weekend. I'm wondering if I should have Kate come along. It will be fun for her, and I would not have to worry about who will take care of her over the weekend, but on the other hand, I will spend a lot of time during the course helping her. I've never even been to P-Valley, but I've been hearing about it for years.

I am going to teach a Mixed Media art class to the ARC that Kate belongs to in the Spring (I can't wait to blog about that!) Thinking of that, maybe I can take some time just for me for a change.

No comments: