frenchtown fiber

Chris Mundy and Kate House try to make art while navigating the crap life throws at them.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Starting Out Weird

It is not even 7 am and already this is a weird day. I woke up in the middle of the night to my husband getting out of bed. I thought to myself, I will pee next when he comes back. He never did come back. I woke again, realized that fact and finally did pee. It was 5 am and I was wide awake. I assumed that Joe went to sleep on the couch, something he will do if he feels restless, or if I am restless and keeping him up. I didn't want to disturb him down stairs, so I busied myself in the bedroom, going through drawers, de-cluttering and rearranging. Finally at six I thought it was sort of reasonable to go down stairs and maybe quietly go on the computer. I made coffee as silently as possible. While it was brewing, I went to the back door to have a look at the day, and I see that the back door is open. I looked in the living room and Joe was not there! Another thing he does sometimes is go sleep in the garage. So, all that being quiet for nothing! He usually sleeps on the floor of the garage, with some scavenged foam as a mattress, but recently he garbage picked a Sigmond Freud-style Dr's office couch to put in the garage. We always joke that mice are going to run across his face when he sleeps in the garage. This thing will at least elevate him above mouse-level.

Anyway, a few minutes after I discovered he was not in the LR, he came into the house and announced that he had been up since 3:30 am and was working, not sleeping, in the garage all that time. He is now upstairs sleeping.

So, I did go on the internet and check out everyone's blog, and now I am inspired to sew! It has been raining hard for 2 days here. YES, MORE RAIN! This time tropical storm Danny is to blame. Yesterday I noticed that some of our windowsills had mildew growing on them. So gross.  The point is, good day to sew. I have gone against my own decree and I have started a new piece. I will go take a picture...

I bought these bits, the aqua linen napkin, the pink doily and the other  thing, at the same time. I loved the pink against the aqua, so the concept was instant. Maybe you can see that I anchored the crocheted doily down with a bead at each stitch. I am also doing some insane stippling by hand, so this should be finished by Christmas. No doubt this will end up on Etsy. I never know how to title a thing like this. Any ideas?

2 comments:

gunnelsvensson said...

No I don´t know with title you should have, but at Etsy I would name it at "an embroidery artquilt", baecause I think it is.
And it is Wonderful!!! I like the colourcombo, not so usual, but very beautiful!

Marty Mason said...

I love your stippling.....How about titleing it "Be Still My Doily". Too dumb?? Okay, I agree. I'll think further on it.