frenchtown fiber

Chris Mundy and Kate House try to make art while navigating the crap life throws at them.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Greetings From Lake Superior!

All is well! I just sneeked down here while Joe is sleeping...7 am... first hotel with a computer for guests.

3 notable things about Michigan's UP:

1. COLD! I have never been so cold in July! It was cloudy and 45 when we left Paradise on Tuesday morning. Multiple layers were no match. Felt like November. The sun came out later in the day, and we wept with joy.

2. The sun does not go down until almost 10 pm! We almost fell asleep on the beach in Frankfort waiting for fireworks.

3. Wildflowers like I have not seen. I mean carpets of daisies, lupines, those orange flowers, sweet peas, and other things that I don't know the names of, but they are amazing.

We should cross over into Wisconsin today.

Talk to you soon.

No comments: